Whattt, our last guest blogger everyone :O:( Thank you all so much!! Fabulous bloggers and amazing manis! I have loved having you all here & I am sure my readers have too :D.
Thank you to Jenna for this super cute bow tutorial, its absolutely gorgeous!!
Enjoy all <3
Hey everyone! It's your Polish Pal taking over Tips And Topcoat today, moohaha! ;) I have created a short little bow tutorial for you all so take a look below to see how my finished bow nails turned out and keep reading if you're interested in learning how to make your own.
So first off, I want to show off my base color. ;) I'm crazy about pastel colors so this pretty purple called 'No Hard Feelings' by Sally Hansen is perfect!
I used 3 coats and topped it with Seche Vite.
Okay, enough purple spam. Time to get one with the tutorial! :) I used 'No Hard Feelings' by Sally Hansen and acrylic paint for the rest of the design. Of course if you don't use acrylic paint (and little brushes), feel free to use nail art brushes/pens or toothpicks/mechanical pencils dipped in polish to create your design. So let's get started!
1. Start off with your base color. You can use any color you want but as you can see, I used purple. Let this dry completely.
2. Now draw a circle with black paint. Trust me! This circle doesn't have to be perfect because we're going to fill it in and retrace it later. :)
3. Draw some curves coming out of the circle to finish your bow. I think of them like 2 parentheses ( ). OR if you don't like fat, curved bows, you can also draw straight lines to make them more triangular. Both will turn out adorable!
4. Do you see your little bow? ;) Well let's make it a little cuter! Go ahead and fill in your bow with any color you want. I just used white for simplicity. Once again, don't worry about filling in the bow perfectly because you're going to retrace it.
5. Moohaha!!! Now you gotta make the bow absolutely perfect. ;) Just kidding! But now it's your time to make it look a lot neater. :) Take your time to retrace your bow in black again.
6. Once your bow actually looks like a bow again (hehe), go ahead and add a "V" coming out of the circle like-so in the picture. This step is optional but I do love the look it gives!
7. And one more optional step is to add some polka dots in the background to fill up the space! I used white to compliment the bow.
8. Finally, once everything is dried and you're happy with how your nails look, add a topcoat to seal in your design!
I only did the bows on my thumb and ring finger as you can see and then opted for white polka dots on the rest of my nails. I think they turned out super adorable. :D
And just a close-up of my thumb. ;)
Thanks guys for joining me today for this bow tutorial! I hope you found this nail art as cute and easy as I do! Thank you Lou for giving me the opportunity to show your readers some of my art! <3 If you guys like me (like really, really like me ;) :D hehe), feel free to find me on Instagram or with my blog, because when it comes to nail polish, I can be your BEST pal. ;)
Your Polish Pal,